Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Journey of the Sun

This is the first new papercut I've completed on my new studio table: "The Journey of the Sun." It borrows heavily from Egyptian iconography, showing  the Sun god Ra (also known as Khepri, and often represented by a scarab beetle) rolling the sun across the sky, transforming bodies and souls.

It includes cut-up comics featuring Blue Beetle (of course), as well as some pieces out of an old dictionary and an old encyclopedia volume.

I made "The Journey of the Sun" for this weekend's annual fundraising gala at Albert Einstein Academy, a local charter school. As I understand you can't bid on it online; only gala attendees can bid. But if you're a serious bidder, contact me via email... maybe we can make something happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment