Sunday, March 11, 2018

Do Not Stand Idly By

Wonder Woman + Barbara Kruger = "Do Not Stand Idly By"

Leviticus 19:16 tells us, "Do not stand idly by while your neighbor's blood is shed." We can't continue to look away – to do nothing while children are being killed by gun violence.


I'm not going to outline all of the reasons to support sensible gun laws and regulation – if you're with me, you get it – and if you're not, I'm not sure my blog is going to change your mind. But I can't do nothing – and so I've made this poster. The image is from Sensation Comics #1 (January 1942, drawn by Harry G. Peter), and the design is an homage to Barbara Kruger.

I've done this in a few different sizes and have PDFs available here for you to download and print and share and make into posters and whatever you want to do with it – just get the message out there. Want to use it in your school protest? Walkout? At a family picnic? At Passover seder? Go for it.






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. I want to be more proactive. I can send this to some congressmen.

    ReplyDelete