Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"Sacred Words, Sacred Texts" - photos from the opening reception

My thanks go out to everyone who came down to the opening last Sunday – great art, great company, and a great band! For those of you who missed it, you can still see the work on display at Hebrew Union College and the USC Hillel, through December. I'll be participating in an artist panel tied to the exhibition on Sunday, October 27, from 11 am to 1 pm at American Jewish University; details forthcoming. In the meantime, here are some photos from the reception.

Talking at the HUC site about my "Sapphire Tablets" papercut, on loan from Benjamin Marcus.

A close-up look at the work of Andi Arnovitz, also featured at the HUC site.

I was given the opportunity to talk a little about my work.

A great piece by Will Deutsch, who is also opening a show across town this week [details here].

The dozen works I have in the show are on loan from local collectors; here Larry Hoffman talks with another guest about "Inundacion," which he loaned to the show. Next to it is "Smallville," on loan from Michael and Danielle Hill.

Hillel Smith has some wonderful work at the USC Hillel site, many of which featured contemporary typography.

At the USC site talking with more guests about my work. Not shown: an excellent student band!

I wish had some more pix to share with you – Lidia Shaddow and Melinda Altshuler were showing some beautiful work as well. I'm still waiting on "official" photos, which I'll share here I get them.

UPDATE

There's an official photo set out on Flickr from one of the USC Hillel staffers; please check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment