Sunday, January 12, 2014

Rhea Carmi's "Humanity's Struggles"

My opening is next Thursday, January 16, at the Dortort Gallery (at the UCLA Hillel) in Los Angeles from 7 to 9 pm; I'd love to see you there. There are actually three artists opening new shows at the  Hillel that night, which means LOTS of great art for you to enjoy.

Rhea Carmi is one of them. Her work "celebrates with antiquity the everlasting human spirit, which survives the brutality, and insanity of war, aridity and harshness of human nature as it endures." Her series called "Humanity's Struggles" is very strong, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it – here are some detail shots I took when I stopped by last week for a sneak preview.

The opening night reception is free to the public — join me on Thursday, January 16, 2014, from 7-9 pm at the Dortort Gallery at UCLA Hillel in Los Angeles: 574 Hilgard Avenue; LA, CA 90024. Parking is available across the street at on-campus meters; call 310-208-3081 for more information. The show is open through March 14.







No comments:

Post a Comment